Monday, January 3, 2011

Arte Italica Dinnerware

Claudine Claudine

The Old Montreal is not a place I particularly like to attend. Certainly the beauty of historical monuments, the view of the St. Lawrence River and cobbled streets create a magical setting , but the tourist traps and the prices of shops and restaurants are often ridiculously inflated. That said, the friend Beatrice introduced me the exception to the rule.

The Vallier is a cross between a sports restaurant, canteen and a cottage. Despite the very high ceilings, the decor of this restaurant is warm and not too pretentious. There are a lot of elements in wood varnishes and dark, brick, orange colored lights and interesting.
The service is fast and friendly and part of the menu is dedicated to comforting Quebec cuisine. This detail is not trivial when a Thursday night in December is between the cold feet in a restaurant.

Beatrice feasted mega a piece of meat: a steak of beef marinated with vegetables of land. Since then, his body full of protein and iron.

For my part, I left my old socks and I opted for a pie Chinese new genus. That is to say the braised lamb with corn sauce, topped with a creamy mashed sweet potatoes. I have often claimed - and I still think - that the Chinese pie, when the kitchen is a dish that dirty lot too many dishes for the final result. That of Vallier exception to the rule. I would be willing to wash pots 8 cook a same!

I escaped by paying thirty dollars, a redhead and Griffon gratuity included. That price seems reasonable for a restaurant in Old Montreal
. Fancy a bit of comfort on a cold January night? Now you know where to eat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment