Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sighting Bushnell Tactical Scope

WHO THE FUCK IS ARCADE FIRE? BLACK AND YELLOW

Patrick Bower (& The World Without Magic ) is not the next buzz band. This is the project of a man who has the bottle, no less than ten years of experience behind him and takes his time. Not out of laziness not, but by attention to detail. That make a pop melancholy we stuck with it. Meeting over coffee to talk about music, his own and that of others, and what can suck a big bearded thirty-two years.



Can you introduce your band and your music?
My name Patrick Bower and my group called The World Without Magic , it comes from Brooklyn, New York. We are often described as a folk group that, since I play acoustic guitar but I will say that this is psychedelic pop.

How was your concert Friday ?
was really cool, we loved the place (in the Fleche d'Or, ed.)

was the first time you played there?
Yes, the last time we played at the International and Pop In, therefore there it was a much larger room, but people seemed to love. We played first but there were people.

You replay on Tuesday at the International, you hurry, you stress?
I'm not stressed, not. Finally though, but that day "off." I like to have a goal ahead. But hey it gives me the opportunity to see Paris. In today's Valentine's Day, so I'll take my girlfriend to lunch after.

You take it seriously Valentine?
No, it's just a good excuse to get a good restaurant!

Yesterday was the Grammy's you've watched?
No, but I know that Arcade Fire won. This is not my thing. I liked the first 2 albums but they remind me of Bono U2 now! (Laughs) I can not get used to their ways. They have ambition and good for them, we need great rock'n'roll band in the world.

What has surprised everyone is that this is the Black Keys won album of the year.
That's cool, I'm happy for them really, they're great!

Who inspires you in the music industry?
I would say that the careers of Scott Walker and Robert Wyatt inspire me deeply. These are two artists who have visions so special, completely timeless and who spent 50 years, come to make very good music. And in pop, Elvis Costello makes great music, he has made very good choices over the years. I feel close to someone like Bill Callahan . He has a good attitude, very down to earth, he considers himself an artist and not like a rock star. And same goes for me, I never wanted to be a big pop star, I just want to make music that interests me.

When did you decide to make music? There was a triggering event or cradles you in since childhood?
From toddler. My father was a singer in a band, I was 16 when my first concert, I was his first game. Then persevere in there is something else, but I spend my time writing and recording and I want people listen to what I do, so I did not have much choice. I really can not live without writing.

What happens exactly at the composition and writing? By which you starting?
I try to do everything at once. I have an idea, often the music, then I have this paper roll of 3 m long and I wrote all my songs on it. I can write some notes but not necessarily finish the song but it's a good way for me to keep track of what I do.

And then how do you choose from for all those you've made?
That's the hardest part! Already there are our label, our manager asking us some stuff that pushes me to finish and have a deadline help somewhere.

would dream Where do you play?
My Home in New York's Bowery Ballroom . It's like the Golden Arrow , bigger and it's really beautiful. I've seen The National when they started drilling there, they have played five consecutive nights. So I think it would be very romantic and play great to meet good but then I look in Europe and I play in full of beautiful cities. I'd play a little further north, explore a little.

is how life on tour? You love, you're bored?
No, I like it. I'm getting used more and more. United States, being on tour sucks, you're in a van, everything is far away, you spend your life in a car, it's super boring. But here, you take the train, and perhaps because I've never made tour bus is great for me, I have the opportunity to rest on the train for several hours, then arrive in the deals, which suits me perfectly. This is one of Rolling Stone saying " tour is 5% and 95% on stage waiting . That's what I do not like all this waiting. Even when you go to the concert hall, you do your settings at 18h and you do not play before 23h, 5h Makes you wait, that's why there are so many alcoholics in the music!

Your group called The World Without Magic and just what would a world without magic for you?
In theory this is the place where I can not make music or be surrounded by people I love. I have long struggled against my side pretty depressed and I think that music has allowed me to extricate myself. So yes, a world without music would be flat, dull, characterless, although it sounds very stupid saying like that.

Who'd love you to open?
The National ! I respect them a lot as well as songwriters and musicians. Boxer for me is their best album, the lyrics are great. Robert Wyatt or otherwise , I can continue like that long ... David Bowie To !

Best memory so far with your group?
I think it's an evening in Paris, we realized we were far from us and still we felt accepted at Pop In I think. I felt appreciated, that people were willing to give me a chance, that's all I ask. Finding the right conditions so that people want to listen to your music, it's harder. There was a moment like this in Madrid as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment