Thursday, August 19, 2010

Multi User Computer Desks

ROCK ROAD - DAY 1 - WE'RE GOING TO GO

A morning of work completed here I am all excited in the subway, my knapsack on his back, my converse golden feet, steering the station & the long awaited Montpar Rock Road. 3 hours later, here I am arrival at the station of Saint-Malo, in search of Navatta leading to Fort St. Fr. A first come, already crowded, with only a few "lucky" may get a place. So I opt for the quick solution "to hitchhike" and in two minutes flat I am now embarking on the car festival of three friendly, happy to help me out. Once planted my tent, it is already time for the 1st concert.

Owen Pallett @ La Route du Rock 2010 ( © Sympathy For The Vinyl )


Because of the queue for accreditation of girlfriends Sympathy , I will not hear Dum Dum Girls from afar. Because I just listen especially the small Owen Pallett (ex-Final Fantasy), I leave easily. Time to get me a beer, the young Canadian prodigy arrives on scene, endow a single violin, a purple hat down to his ears, Malo climate forcing. Sometimes alone, sometimes accompanied by a guitarist, it's sweet and poetic, I'm under spell. When you know that Heartland was recorded with the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra and he comes alone to conquer us is a good lesson for behemoths such sanitized Yann Tiersen or Massive Attack (discussed later). Gold sticker for the cover of "Odessa" from Caribou , surpassing the original, which was far from a foregone conclusion.

Owen Pallett @ La Route du Rock 2010 (© Sara Dimple )

Night falls on the fort while Yann Tiersen entered, accompanied by a fifteen musicians. I also want to go and settle on the sustenance and sandbags to comfortably bored. I am amazingly surprised, because apart when he tries to remake the "Amelie Poulain sauce rock" he is not doing so badly, but two hours is still very long.

Black Angels @ La Route du Rock (© Sara Dimple )

The night is already well advanced when the rock pest Black Angels comes to awaken us from the torpor in which Tiersen we had plunged. Manic, a dude going up on stage to offer his poncho (we later learned that this is our neighbor tent). Fully awake, I am about to discover the power of live Liars .

Liars @ La Route du Rock 2010 (© Sara Dimple )

More pop on stage than on CD, filled with infectious energy, I was headbanging at leisure to alongside Grandcrew until the end of the show. Fatigue begins to be felt, nothing like a last beer and admire the audacity of psychedelic Caribou before collapsing from fatigue in his warm sleeping bag.

Caribou @ La Route du Rock 2010 (© Sara Dimple )

0 comments:

Post a Comment