Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Red & White Italian Tablecloths

THE HEIGHT OF THE MINE


With a little advance I'll make a jeudiconfession #: U2's concert at the Stade de France, I was . Go ahead and remove me from your friends, unfollow me or unsubscribe from this blog, I assume, I'm ready.

For those who are intrigued, here is the how and why: my "sister" Chile is visiting Paris and I suggested we go to said concert to-eye, through a friend of hers working on 360 of the tour Bono. Making bad fortune, good heart, we comfort in thinking of the 1 st part: Interpol. It will also provide an opportunity to test if I am coming to the end of my agoraphobia.


After a nap in the sun along the canal Saint-Martin we decide to take the RER D direction: the Seine-Saint-Denis, based Popopop . As might be expected once there is far from being alone. It therefore follows obediently the crowd toward the stage, while on the side coaches from all over France are stationed and that the other vendors are leading calls to our stomachs with greasy smell that emanates from their stands. Ten minutes later, we pass security without incident and we moved to our seats in the stands. Opposite us, a scene round (round 360, logic) that most resembles a spider. Many people around us who have gone through the merch ', before the concert, proudly wearing their tshirt U2 360, we do not judge ...


Stade de France

At 19 h 15 on the dot, the New York arrive on stage without warning. Paul Banks hid behind his sunglasses and a leather jacket does not seem very comfortable with the crowd filling the stadium. Heavy notes resonate, the first of the "Success". So I listened to write my articles last month, it actually takes me guts. I see myself in the living room of my cousin, smoking fags fags on the dark horizon with only the lights of the Montparnasse tower and the white page does decidedly not fill alone.

Interpol @ Stade de France

The public clearly has nothing to do with Interpol, meanwhile, practically drooling at the net corner of the lips that Bono and his gang arrive. No worries, it (my Chilean friend & myself) has decided to give everything for our little protected. "Say Hello To The Angels", more catchy, like more to the crowd begins to pay greater attention to the group. This is the moment chosen by the friend who we took our places, to come give us wristbands to access the (RED) Zone is to say, be in the 1st row but in an area apart from the pit. We run not to miss a beat of a short era but already some riffs from the classic "Slow Hands" begins. Once in the (RED) Zone is really unleashed a sudden hair and wriggling in any other kind. We look a little weird but who cares, we must take advantage of the group that brought us so far. A new notes will sound dull, it's "Lights", 1 st single from the new album ahead. It is cold, addictive, mesmerizing like the voice of Paul Banks. The only regret is that he makes too day to fully appreciate the chilling atmosphere of this song. Then comes the turn of "Obstacle 1" and "Evil Play", the crowd around us moves increasingly (Relatively speaking, of course, it waddles hair what). Interpol continues to pick the side with the new album "Barricade" but with "Heinrich Maneuver" that the public is finally acquired their cause. The concert ends with "C'mere" and the dark "Not Even Jail". My throat is already beginning to give up the ghost, that's good I did not intend to m'égosiller Bono & Sisters.

Interpol @ Stade de France

Not being a fan of the first hour, was the first time I saw Interpol on stage but I can assure you that it are particularly drawn to a concert of this size and an audience so little listening. In terms of sociological analysis of the U2 concert you wait until the next item ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment