Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Eleventh Anniversary Saying

HAVE COLD WITHOUT YOU NEVER WANTED TO SAY THAT I NEED A LIFE NOW I


Apriori I do not like the French song (I've already said there ). Inspired by Boris Vian, Leo Ferre and other Gainsbourg, since my childhood and educated in the idea that "it was better before," the only contemporary singer-songwriters-discovered by me-that have long been rappers (and I still maintain that position while I'm away from rap, age did not help anything to do). I stayed there alone with the discoveries worthy of the name and Biolay Bashung (not worth it to explain that there are plenty of other priori as I do not like, I do not make the effort to look for something else) There's so much to do worse on the English side and I'm American no time. I escaped the exiled me baby rockers in Chile for a year and when I returned it was already a long time they were has-been, God thank you, but it still helped my reluctance to the new French scene.

And then one day, my iPod shuffle, I came across " Football Team," and there is rare, says j'unlock iPod to see who it is, not having recognized the song. Prince Miiaou ... Ah, who's that? I look at the album: it's very good Young Shoots Vol. 3 , -like what I'm not so closed it to new scene ...- The French name of this song with an almost perfect English pique my curiosity, that voice so sweet together simply to bass, guitar and drums, haunting me for a few days. Then the daily grind of my usual plays gets over (Kele, Tame Impala, Black Keys, Klaxons, Menomena, to mention only my whim of the moment). It's a little problem with me, I am very strong to get excited about a song / artist, but I often quick to forget.

Fate fact that in preparing my program for Eurockéennes (# campminou my love), I remember this name and this time facing my computer I throw myself on Spotify to listen to what I reserve the beautiful (yes, because contrary to appearances it is a daughter Maud-Elisa Mandeau whose real name). Well let me tell you that I am far from disappointed Safety First , his second album, a self-produced album that is more, the girl is afraid of nothing. Equally at ease in English and French offers a beautiful album both fragile often at the limit of the crack, even in his soaring rock. An intimate album where Prince Miiaou also reveals all his passion through music crescendo amount and where the phrasing is so pretty looking. I have a little special for its two French titles: "Compassion No Disponible " sublime and drowning if any " Blabla " for the final explosion.
It balances today, and if, like me, you were offering their album that we might avoid the BB Brunes next year to Eurocks ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment