Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Late Thank You Interview Email

THE PLAN WAS TO DRINK OVER UNTIL THE PAIN, BUT WHAT'S THE PAIN WORSE OR THE HANGOVER?


After a summer of festivals, I had a little trouble getting back into the swing of polished concert halls in Paris. This could have lasted longer if I had not seen the name of Magic Kids illuminated my newsfeed . So I put away my winter laziness in the closet for the evening and I am equipped for cold weather and the crowd.

Branch is one of my favorite rooms: the Ephemeral Point. I do not know if it's thanks to canal Saint Martin (one of my favorite places in Paris) or whether the mixture of calm (water) associated with excitement (the world to surrounding the canal and the sirens of fire trucks from the nearby barracks) that creates a place for virtually timeless, but still it is that I am always happy to go there.

Tonight, the first part is provided by five Norman, the Da Brasilians . Technically this is the second after Top Top , but I could not attend the concert because of these crisis-hypoglycemia include dinner. French quintet, singing in English, gives us a pop ranging from the 60s and 70s. The sound is clear, harmony chorus is not odd, no false notes in all. And yet it is still a bit neat, like the young singer of polo, to transport me altogether. A nice first part, however, I will see them when they have taken a little bottle.

After long minutes of adjustments, Magic Kids settle on stage. For those who do not know, Magic Kids is one of many groups beachboyenne trend this summer, which was spoken of him through tubes "Hey Boy " and " Superball '. Then, again in late summer with Memphis album, borrowing the 60's: pop rock surfisante same, even naive in the lyrics, same music uninhibited, with no other aim than you think you can dance.

So to find this summer atmosphere that I deigned to leave my comforter and the heat of my den that night. If on the album, all songs are mastered to perfection, adding to the simplicity of the thing (in a good sense) - on stage is a sense of muddle that dominates. The singer's voice gets lost behind the guitars, not to mention the uselessness of the beautiful violinist, we want to silence when she starts to open his mouth. Add to that, this beanpole of Foster Bennet (aka the singer) who plays the Sue Ellen heat: vazy I make you my eyes of the love that kills and vazy I descend into the mob rub me the groupie ... It should go in the game or at least laugh, but not even. Mick Jagger is not who wants to pack and level the small Benet not playing in the same court. It's overplayed, cliche , agreed, ultimately I preferred the nice boys Da Brasilians , they at least they do not force the line. It's finally on the point that Magic Kids fared best, highlighting the simple complicity between them, can not finally asked it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment